I know the whole “couponing” concept can seem overwhelming, I felt the same way when I first started. Just take your time and remember do NOT compare your shopping trips to that of “that show,” yes you know which t.v. show I’m talking about. This is not about being extreme. It’s just about saving your family time and money.
Where do I find coupons?
Sunday Newspaper: There are anywhere between 1-4 coupon inserts in the Sunday edition of your local paper. If it’s a holiday weekend there may not be any inserts.
- Smart Source
- Red Plum
- Procter & Gamble (Usually once per month)
- General Mills (irregular)
- Target (irregular)
Internet/Facebook: You will be required to install a minimal printing program to use these sites, but it’s completely safe. I’ve been using them for over 2 years.
- Smart Source website
- Red Plum website
- Coupons.com website
- Sometimes if you go directly to the company’s website they have coupon offers on their site. For instance: Kellogg’s, Kraft, etc.
- Facebook can be an amazing tool when finding coupons. “Like” the companies Facebook page and when they post coupons you’ll be the first to know. They are limited so I’ll try to post them on our fan page as soon as I can.
“Blinkies” & “Peelies”
- “Blinkies” are those gadgets they have attached to the shelves that you can pull out a coupon from and they automatically spit out another one. They usually have a small blinking light on them hence the name “blinkie”
- “Peelies” are coupons that are stuck to the product itself like a sticker. You just peel them off to redeem.
Downloadable e-coupons for your frequent shopper card.
- This a convenient addition to couponing. No clipping necessary. You just load them right onto your frequent shopper cards.
- Safeway has their e-coupons right on their site. Just create an online account on their site and register your Safeway Club Card. You just click and load. When you check out at the register they will automatically come off the card and your receipt will show your e-coupon deductions.
- Check out the e-coupons tab on the blog for a additional site information.
This post may contain an affiliate link, please review Disclosure Policy.
This post may contain affiliate links, please review my disclosure policy .