I have been lacking clam chowder recipes in my recipe repertoire, therefore I went on an all out search for some of the best ones I could find. Soups and salads are my favorite lunch ideas, as a result, I wanted to find plenty of ways to prepare this soup. Consequently, here are some delicious clam chowder recipes to add to my mid-day meal plan.
22 Delicious Clam Chowder Recipes
- Vegan Clam Chowder for Meatless Mondays and those who are vegetarian or vegan, the “clams” in this are actually mushrooms!
- It’s easier than you might think to recreate this thick and tasty classic Red Lobster Clam Chowder.
- Fresh New England Clam Chowder served with brown butter garlic croutons.
- Manhattan clam chowder has a flavorful tomato broth and is healthier than it’s New England counterpart. This Manhattan Clam Chowder With Bacon has a perfect balance of tangy tomato and smoky bacon.
- If you are gluten free in your diet, you need this Crock Pot Clam Chowder in your life!
- This Chunky Manhattan Clam Chowder is loaded with veggies and is fantastic the next day! You definitely want to make a big batch of this one.
- This New England Clam Chowder recipe uses salt pork for added flavor!
- Yet another vegan option is this Rich & Creamy Mushroom Clam Chowder using button and oyster mushrooms to replace the clams.
- Another Manhattan Clam Chowder, this one has nice chunks of tomatoes.
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder makes life so much easier because you throw your ingredients in your slow cooker and forget about it until you are ready to eat your delicious soup.
- Gluten Free Clam Chowder is another option for those who are following a gluten-free diet.
- Drunken Clam Chowder contains mussel meats, white wine, and a bechamel sauce. How yummy does this one sound?
- Paleo enthusiasts will love this Paleo Clam Chowder, made with coconut milk.
- This Weeknight Clam Chowder is fuss-free and quick enough to make for a weeknight meal.
- Dairy Free Clam Chowder is a thick and creamy chowder that is yet another one made with coconut milk.
- Zucchini Corn Clam Chowder is a remake of the classic clam chowder. It is cream based and highlights the summer harvest of garden fresh corn and summer squash.
- Idaho Potato Clam Chowder uses both milk and coconut milk and vegetable broth for a slight twist on the classic New England clam chowder recipes.
- Classic New England Chowder
- This Crock Pot Clam Chowder utilizes red potatoes and is adapted from a Maine clam chowder recipe.
- If you are craving to craft something unique, try this Coconut Beer Steamer Clam Chowder. Combining wheat beer, coconut milk and pancetta with more traditional clam chowder ingredients, this recipe is sure to dazzle.
- Clam Chowder Risotto replaces the usual potatoes with arborio rice and chewy farro, then instead of saltine crackers, a sprinkle of finely crushed prosciutto and toasted caraway seeds. Inspired!
- Gluten, dairy, and grain free this Paleo Cauliflower Clam Chowder is a lightened-up version of the classic clam chowder recipes that is sure to satisfy.
Which one looks the best to you?
*Credit: Additional content provided by Julie PorterThis post may contain affiliate links, please review my disclosure policy .